Dutch Tour v GVV Eilermark


Fixture: Pre Season Friendly

Attendance: Kick Off: 16:00

The final match of the
Dutch pre season tour supplied the Pars with shooting and finishing
practice. Fielding a side which was a blend of youth and experience
Dunfermline eventually demolished the courageous Dutch amateurs of
Eilermark in the border town of Glanerbrug.

was well known before the match that the Dutch would be in for a hammering
and their goal was to limit the damage to single figures. The SPL side
certainly got off to a slow start and were well behind the clock with
their opening goals.

Thomson fired in from the edge of the box in the 8th minute but Wermer in
goal saved easily. Next a Gary Dempsey lay off to Brian Blair was thumped
over the bar.

on the right Sean Kilgannon took the first corner of the game in the 12th
minute and Andrius SKERLA`s header slipped in at the far post with the
defender frantically trying to stop it but in vain. (picture below)

provided another shooting chance for Blair six minutes later but the shot
was wide. Davie Nicholls had a great run into the right side of the
opposition penalty box to square for Dempsey but the shot went wide right.

McGarty had a pop at goal in the 23rd minute only to see it deflected for
a corner. Steven Hampshire beat the offside trap but his shot was at
Wermer. With Jimmy Calderwood encouraging his team to push forward the
second goal did eventually come on the half hour.

Fotheringham who was patrolling the right side of the Pars attack cut the
ball back for McGarty who picked out HAMPSHIRE with a fine pass and the
striker turned advanced into the box and smacked in the second.

free kick two minutes later was tapped by Thomson to Nicholls who belted
in a shot from 30 yards out. The keeper spilled it and Gary DEMPSEY hit
home from close in.

young Irishman should have made it four when Jason Dair sent him through
the middle in the 36th minute but the keeper was able to make the save.
Next Dempsey did the same for Blair and he also shot at the keeper.

loose clearance from midfield was received by Jason DAIR and the Pars
utility man took route one to goal from 40 yards out to place a left
footed shot passed the advancing keeper with three minutes remaining to
half time.

Pars then scored a fifth following a tantalising run from Kilgannon which
eventually picked out Nicholls wide left to cross for FOTHERINGHAM to head
in at the near post.

Five down at half time
the home team substituted their keeper and the Pars made four changes.
They too replaced their keeper with Stillie coming on for Ruitenbeek,
Petrie, McLeish and Nish replacing Dair, Nicholls and Dempsey.

Only nine minutes into
the second half Scott Thomson was subbed as well and Andrius Skerla was
handed the captain`s armband. The goal machine got back into action in the
56th minute when Blair found KILGANNON on the right edge of the box and he
looped in for number six.

Stevie Hampshire latched
on to a through ball that Kilgannon had classically dummied but the shot
did not match the build up the keeper taking advantage of the striker`s
delay in shooting.

and Nish swung the ball across the penalty box and Brian BLAIR was left
with a tap in for the Pars 7th in 62 minutes. Lee Bullen then came on in
the centre of defence in place of Skerla and Stewart Petrie became the
third captain of the day.

8 was a nice goal created out of a Fotheringham slip to McLeish and
expertly headed in by BLAIR on 70 minutes. Next minute it was nine as
Colin NISH picked his spot slotting it past the tiring keeper.

main question then was were Dunfermline going to make it into double
figures. It took until the 87th minute until HAMPSHIRE skilfully
controlled a Kilgannon cross to make it ten.

McLEISH hammered in another from 18 yards and then HAMPSHIRE completed his
hat trick on the final whistle to finish the battering at 12-0.

travelling support at this match which had exceeded 50 and had been joined
by Chairman John Yorkston and director John Meiklem and their wives all
went off to celebrate the goal feast with some local refreshments.

touring party return to Scotland by air on Monday.