It seems that the arrival of the tangerines at East End Park is an invitation for the Pars to pip their old enemy. This was a “good draw” because we possibly deserved nothing. The first meeting ended up 3-3 when the Pars came storming back from three down. This time after going behind for the second time in the match with 80 minutes played, Andy Smith salvaged the point with the third last kick of the game.

The first half was all United with the midfield totally surrendered. The only chance came to George Shaw who should have buried a Petrie cross but failed miserably. On a cold but bright afternoon there was little else to warm the Pars supporters during the rest of the half.

Five minutes from the interval George Shaw well inside the opposition penalty box managed to pass to a United player and the play swept upfield. McSwegan chased a pass that landed 35 yards out on the left. Westie came galloping out and completely missed the ball as the United player had beaten him to it. McSwegan was left with an empty goal and made no mistake.

Twelve minutes into the second half Petrie crossed from the left and Andy SMITH scored with a typical header at the far post. United were allowed back into the game. Robertson passed to McSwegan who should have scored but Westie miraculously kept the ball out. As the last man in defence Andy Tod was very fortunate not to be red carded when the referee ignored his axing of Misse Misse but before the danger was cleared the defence crumbled to let McSwegan in to punish the Pars again.

Full marks for trying though for as has happened to Dunfermline in the passed at Tannadice the home side conjured up a goal right at the end. A Scott McCulloch throw in found its way to Andy SMITH who hit Dykstra’s net from 8 yards. So for the second Premier League match in succession Dunfermline scored in the 90th minute.

Dunfermline did not play well and to get a draw was a result.

DUNFERMLINE: Westwater, Shields, McCulloch, Tod, Barnett (Fraser), Bingham (McDonald), Shaw (Moore 45), Robertson, Smith, French, Petrie.
Scorers: Smith (57, 90)
Yellow Cards: no Pars
Referee: John Underhill (Edinburgh)
Attendance 5250
League Position 8th
Next match v Celtic (away) Wednesday 25th February