A bright spring day; a lovely day for football but the wrong result. Robbie Winters was the difference as the player who in the recent past has been subject of “What a load of rubbish” taunts from his own fans, notched a second half hat-trick in the space of 21 minutes.

Dunfermline suffered from the late call offs of Andy Tod and Gavin Johnson. Jamie Squires continued in the centre of defence and Scott Thomson resumed at left back. Andy Smith started in midfield and Gerry Britton was listed as one of the subs.

Dunfermline took a seventh-minute lead through David GRAHAM. A throw in on the left was flicked forward by Owen Coyle through the flat Aberdeen defence and the youngster walloped in a spectacular shot from 18 yards.

It should have been 2-0 behind on 30 minutes when Graham forced Stillie to turn his header round the post.

As so often this season though it was truly a game of two halves for the second 45 was vastly different. Robbie Winters first goal came two minutes after the interval when he cleverly turned whilst giving Greg Shields no chance to disposses him. He shot low into the net giving Butler and the rest of his defence no chance.

Then in 56 minutes a Mayer cross from the left found Winters completely unmarked at the far post and he converted from all of six feet.

Winters had yet another chance before securing his treble in 68 minutes. Darren Young’s cross was met by the former Dundee United striker and his header soared into the net.

Thomson’s absence from midfield is being sorely felt. Andy Smith did himself no favours with an anonymous display and most of all we need a fit Andy Tod back. Ten days until the next game so hopefully the wounded will have recovered to resume the battle against relegation when we meet Rangers.

Motherwell’s defeat of Dundee United looks convenient and thank goodness super Ally got an equaliser at Tynecastle. A big game when Hearts play at Tannadice on Tuesday - a draw would suit but one still feels that Dundee are the team to catch.

DUNFERMLINE: Butler, Millar (Britton 86), Squires, Shields, Thomson; Dair, Smith, Dolan, Petrie (Fraser 66); Coyle, Graham (Shaw 80)
Subs not used: Westwater, Martin.
Scorers: Graham (7)
Yellow cards: Millar, Dolan

Referee J McLuskey (Stewarton)
Attendance: 11,371
League position 9th

Next match v Rangers (away) Wednesday 14th April 1999

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.