SPFL League One: DUNFERMLINE 1 EAST FIFE 2: Date 19/10/13 :


For the first time since January 1987, the Pars welcomed East Fife on league business.  Jim Jefferies made two changes from the starting eleven at Forfar last time out. Jordan Moore and Kerr Young came in to replace Robert Thomson and Luke Johnston. 

East Fife left out Scott Durie, Steven Campbell and Cyrus Moosari. They brought in Joe Mbu, Stephen Hughes and Alexis Dutot. Although spirits among the home fans may have been buoyed before the game by positive developments off the park, the visitors were the first to threaten when Stewart headed narrowly over the Dunfermline crossbar.

Despite some tidy play by the visitors, the early period was an end to end affair and the Pars soon notched up a couple of promising chances when a long range shot was spilled by Greg Paterson and Josh Falkingam came close with a header just over the target.

Stewart again threatened for the Methil men when a slack pass from Callum Morris gifted an attack their way. He seemed certain to score from close range but was denied by a superb block from Alex Whittle.

The Pars bounced back from this brief scare and began to exert more of an influence on proceedings. Stephen Husband fired a belter from 35 yards which whistled just over Paterson's crossbar and minutes later was involved again when collecting a neat pass from Jordan Moore to find his way through the East Fife defence. Paterson was equal to his effort however and saved bravely, snatching the ball from the midfielder's feet.

At the other end, keeper Ryan Scully had to be alert in the Pars goal with half time approaching, producing a couple of fine saves from two very threatening crosses but having again withstood the pressure the Pars fought back again and this time grabbed the lead.

With less than five minutes to go until the break, after a few attempts by the Pars to penetrate the visitors' box, the ball eventually found its way to Jordan MOORE who demonstrated some neat footwork to sidestep a tackle before poking the ball underneath Paterson.

The Pars might have snatched a second just on the break through Andy Geggan but as he powered into the box and prepared to shoot he was denied by a last ditch tackle by Stewart.

Half Time: Dunfermline 1 East Fife 0

The Pars started the second half strongly and carved out a series of chances to widen the gap.  Substitute Robert Thomson did well to escape the grasps of Thom and run into the box but to the chagrin of the home fans referee Don Robertson called the play back for the foul. The booking for Thom was of scant consolation.

Thomson was involved again shortly afterwards when he collected a terrific through ball from Shaun Byrne and cut the ball back from the left wing. The ball found Husband in a promising position but his touch let him down and the danger was duly cleared.

Ryan Thomson was the next to threaten Paterson's goal but while doing well to get his head onto a Byrne cross from the left, his header could only find its way into the former Par's arms.

Thomson then almost turned provider when his low cross found Ross Millen inside the box. Millen looked odds on to bury it but in a reversal of Whittle's effort in the first half, a brilliant block by Alexis Dutot cleared the danger.

Entering into a quiet spell later in the second half it looked like the Pars might have to settle for 1-0 but East Fife were having none of it, shaking things up with a double substitution, bringing Cedric Tuta and Pat Clarke into the match.

Tuta was to have an immediate impact with just ten minutes remaining. No sooner was he on the park than his involvement lead to a neat move by the visitors which ended with Ross BROWN firing high into the net from ten yards.

The Pars' misery was complete just three minutes later when Liam BUCHANAN picked up the ball deep inside the Pars half and, with little opposition from his former teammates, fired an impressive long-range effort curling over Scully to send the visitors back to Methil with all three points.

The result coupled with Ayr United's 2-0 win over Arbroath meant that Dunfermline drop to fourth and sit just two points above next Saturday's opponents Stranraer.

DUNFERMLINE: Ryan Scully, Ross Millen, Alex Whittle (RyanThomson 45), Kerr Young, Callum Morris, Andy Geggan, Shaun Byrne, Stephen Husband, Ryan Wallace (Ryan Ferguson 72), Josh Falkingham, Jordan Moore (Robert Thomson 59) 
SUBS NOT USED: Lewis Martin, Allan Smith, Fayssal El Bakhtaoui, Ryan Goodfellow
SCORER: Moore (42)

EAST FIFE: Greg Paterson, Alexis Dutot, Gary Naysmith, Gary Thom, Joe Mbu, Stephen Hughes (Scott Durie 72), Johnny Stewart (Cedric Tuta 80), Ross Brown, Liam Buchanan, Craig Johnstone, Scott McBride (Pat Clarke 80).
SUBS NOT USED: Ryan Stewart, Ross Lennie, Barr, Michael Andrews (GK)
YELLOW CARD: Thom, Brown, Johnstone
SCORERS: Brown (81), Buchanan (84)

REFEREE: Don Robertson
50/50 DRAW: No. 62238 won prize of £695.00. 

NEXT MATCH: (away) SPFL v Stranraer
Saturday 26th October 2013, kick off 3.00pm


Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.