SFL Div One: DUNFERMLINE 0 LIVINGSTON 1 : Date: 22/01/13

For the visit of Livingston East End Park was basking in sunshine. A work party of around 30 fans had reeponded to the Club's early morning plea to turn out to help clear snow from the areas surrounding the stadium, the pitch was looking great despite the week just past . The Pars had encountered an enforced winter break caused by the unplayable Cowdenbeath surface the previous Saturday but with a good looking pitch and reports that even the Cock Bridge to Tomintoul road was open, maybe for now the winter was over.

Jim Jefferies had Josh Falkingham back from suspension, Shaun Byrne and John Potter returned from the U20s tour to Cyprus and went into the team in place of Stephen Husband and Callum Morris. Andy Barrowman, Ryan Thomson and Alex Whittle also dropped out with Andy Kirk and Joe Cardle also starting.

Livingston were unchanged from the team that lost to Morton the previous Saturday and it was the visitors who kicked off attacking the goal at the McCathie Stand end. Cardle had an early shot that failed to do any damage but in fifth minute Joe broke on the counterattack from a defended Livvy free kick. He raced away, beat the full back, beat Andrew McNeil with the shot but Jesus Garcia headed the ball off the line.

Two Dunfermline corners kept the pressure up and then in 10th minute Ryan Wallace tried a shot from 20 yards that was blocked and then a Cardle attempt from the same area sailed over the bar. In 11th minute Kyle Jacobs won the visitors a corner and quickly another when Paul Gallacher beat behind an Anthony Andreu's effort from an acute angle.

On the quarter hour Garcia collected yellow when he downed Byrne as he looked like bursting into the Livingston box. A free kick created potential threat but after the Livvy wall was moved back ten yards, Stephen Jordan scooped the setpiece over the wall but over the crossbar too.

Falkingham was unlucky six minutes later when his clearance was blocked by McNulty who took the ball to the right byeline before cutting back for ANDREU to slot past Gallacher at his near post. 0-1

Andy Geggan had appeared to injure himself minutes earlier when he slipped as he pumped a pass forward and before the game restarted Ryan Thomson came on as the first sub of the afternoon. Dunfermline nearly hit back with immediate effect but Andy McNeil saved from Falkingham after he had made ground in from the right.

Jordan's attempted cross was blocked but Falkingham's corner was easily defended. Livingston went straight up the park and Andreu was unlucky not to get through for another shot on target, instead he injured himself and needed the physio's treatment. In 38 minutes a Dowie pass was controlled by the overlapping Jordan and although he powered over a shot from the left, McNeil held.

The Pars tried to find a route to goal to save a half time roasting from Jim Jefferies but Livingston frustrated their efforts and retained the advantage at the interval.

Half Time:Dunfermline 0 Livingston 1

Kirk and Wallace got the second half underway and the Fifers had an early opportunity to get back level from an 48th minute free kick but the Livingston defence sussed out Wallace's dink to the far post. Cardle then took a cheeky stab back from Jordan but when the cross was played in the offside flag was up.

The visitors were not to be ignored and an exchange between Liam Fox and Anthony Andreu allowed Fox a drive from 20 yards that just cleared the left goalpost. Dunfermline pressed with Falkingham and Wallace making the move that sent Thomson through but he was denied a shot and then McNeil looked far from convincing when he fisted away a Cardle cross.

Craig Dargo replaced Ryan Wallace on the hour and two minutes later when McNeil tipped away a cross from the left, Cardle failed to capitalise on a neat flick from Dargo then Jordan McMillan drove his shot from 16 yards into the McCathiie Stand. Cardle wriggled his way through but McNeil parried his shot from close in round the post. Dowie had a chance too but the defence came out on top.

Byrne had a shot blocked after Jordan ran on to collect a Cardle release on the overlap. Dunfermline then had the ball in the net but the offside flag went up as Potter sent the ball to the far post where Thomson netted. Time was running out for Dunfermline and they looked out of ideas sas Livingston were handed a corner by Jordan in 88 minutes.

The Psrs pushed up in added time and Potter had a chance from sa late corner but screwed his shot wide left. Withn91 minutes com,pleted Byrne needed treatment after a challenge that won the Pars a free kick on half way. Gallacher flighted the ball into the danger area but Livingston kept that and a late flurry out to claim the points and close the gap between them in fourth and Dungfermline in third place to just six points.

DUNFERMLINE:- Paul Gallacher; Jordan McMillan (c), Andy Dowie, John Potter, Stephen Jordan; Josh Falkingham, Shaun Byrne, Andy Geggan (Ryan Thomson 22), Joe Cardle; Andy Kirk, Ryan Wallace (Craig Dargo 60).
SUBS NOT USED: Chris Kane, Alex Whittle, Michal Hrivnak (GK).
YELLOW CARD: Potter (24)

LIVINGSTON: Andy McNeil; Kevin McCann (Callum Booth 90), Jesus Garcia Tena, Craig Barr, Anthony Andreu (Jordan Morton 67), Burton O'Brien, Stefan Scougall, Marc McNulty, Kyle Jacobs, Liam Fox, Iain Russell (Danny Mullen 74).
SUBS NOT USED: Callum Fordyce, Darren Jamieson (GK).
YELLOW CARD: Garcia (15), Russell (28), Jacobs (81)
SCORER: Andreu (21)

REFEREE: Mike Tumilty
WEATHER: Sunny start then overcast 6C
50/50 DRAW: No. 26829 won £585, No. 25725 won £20 DAFC Voucher

NEXT MATCH: (home) William Hill Scottish Cup v Hamilton Accies
Saturday 2nd February 2013, kick off 3.00pm

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.