SFL Div One: DUNFERMLINE 1 HAMILTON 1: Date: 15/12/12

For the last home game before Christmas Callum Morris was suspended so John Potter came in to central defence, his first appearance since August and Joe Cardle's illness kept him out meaning Ryan Thomson started. Hamilton manager Billy Reid made three changes from the side that faced Falkirk last time out. In came Jon Routledge, Louis Longridge and Gary Fisher taking the places of Michael Devlin, Ryan Hinnie and Grant Gillespie.

The Pars kicked off through Dargo and Falkingham attacking the goal at the Cowdenbeath end and Stephen Husband created the first chance of the afternoon in just under five minutes. The midfielder swept the ball towards Andy Barrowman at the far post but the striker sent it wide left.

There was a steady start for the home side with plenty of possession but making little from their slow build ups. Then it was against the run of play when Stevie MAY shot Hamilton ahead. Ground was made down the right and a cut back from the byeline was left by Routledge for the striker to smash home from 12 yards out. 0-1

Andy Geggan had a good crack at hitting home a quick equaliser but keeper Kevin Cuthbert dived to his left to thwart the Pars. It was then the visitors who had an opportunity from a corner sent in from the right but Alex Neil sent his shot over the crossbar from ten yards.

Jordan sent over a Pars corner in 25 minutes and the defended ball dropped for Potter but his off target shot was blocked. He switched to the right to take another three minutes later but this time the delivery was too close to Cuthbert and he held easily.

The Pars claimed the equaliser they deserved in 33 minutes however. Dargo took the ball into the right side of the Hamilton box but with no one ready for the cross so checked, turned right and then cut back to BARROWMAN fifteen yards out. The striker tucked a low shot away at the left goalpost and it was all square. 1-1.

For Andy that was his 11th goal of the season and that could have been 12 soon after but his delicate shot from 20 yards escaped just outside the right goalpost. It was a first half in which Dunfermline found their opponents a hard unit to crack but at the break there was plenty optimism that playing towards their favourite McCathie Stand end in the second half, The Pars could get a result in the end.

Half Time: Dunfermline 1 Hamilton 1

The large hospitality audience were not back in their seats by the time Dargo failed to convert a good chance from a Husband break in under 20 seconds. Then Dargo was deemed offside much to the chagrin of the patrons in the North West Stand. In 50 minutes Hamilton hit the right upright after Routledge and May made the chance for on loan Killie player, Fisher and McMillan stepped in to belt away the loose ball.

Play switched swiftly to the other end and Dargo's pass right for Falkingham set up a good strike from 18 yards but there was an equally good save from Cuthbert. There followed a number of goalmouth scrambles in front of Cuthbert's goal with penalty claims and desperate clearances.

In 58 minutes Falkingham won a free kick on the right 25 yards out but Jordan's cross was too strong for Falkingham to control at the far post. Hamilton came back at their hosts forcing a corner and playing the ball confidently around in the area just outside the Pars box.

First substitution of the game was made by Jim Jefferies replacing Dargo upfront with Ryan Wallace. Ali Crawford pumped a free kick into the Pars six yard box but somehow none of his team mates attacked it. Next Fisher made a break from the Accies half but with three against two he delayed too long and Potter's tackle ended the danger.

Dunfermline had a great chance in 74 minutes, Geggan slipping the ball to his right for Falkingham to feed on to McMillan but the right back's shot was sent outside the near post. At the other end May continued to be the tormentor and his 77th minute shot from 20 yards hit the sidenetting.

A Pars free kick for Page's tackle on sub Ryan Wallace led to another scramble in the visitors' box after the first attempt was blocked. It was all Pars but with three minutes remaining Fisher should have scored but Hrivnak saved the day with the ball rebounding strongly off his legs.

There was a 92nd minute corner for Hamilton to defend and that was a case of pinball in and out of the Accies six yard box and in the final seconds Longridge had the chance to clinch it when the Pars looked exposed at the back but he made a very poor job of it and Hrivnak saved.

It was a frustrating day for Dunfermline and a game that could have turned out even worse had Hamilton taken their chances. The Pars were unlucky with three or four good second half opportunities and the players could not be faulted for their efforts to get a better result.

DUNFERMLINE: Michal Hrivnak; Jordan McMiillan; Andy Dowie; John Potter, Stephen Jordan, Josh Falkingham, Stephen Husband, Andy Geggan, Ryan Thomson (Alex Whittle 71); Andy Barrowman (Andy Kirk 83), Craig Dargo (Ryan Wallace 65)
SUBS NOT USED: Shaun Byrne, Ryan Goodfellow (GK)
SCORER: Barrowman (33)

HAMILTON ACCIES: Kevin Cuthbert; Ziggy Gordon, Connor McGlinchey (Michael Devlin 79); Martin Canning, Jonathan Page, Jon Routledge, Louis Longridge, Gary Fisher (Gary Fraser 89), Steven May (Andrew Ryan 85), Alex Neil, Ali Crawford
SUBS NOT USED: Darian McKinnon, Scott Christie (GK)
SCORER: May (17)
YELLOW CARD: Ryan (92)

REFEREE: Craig Thomson
WEATHER: 6C fine with rain in final 15 minutes

50/50 half time draw at match v Hamilton FC is No. 11123. The prize amount is £852.00.
The second prize of a DAFC £20.00 gift voucher is ticket No. 11130.

NEXT MATCH: (home) First Division v Falklirk
Wednesday 26th December 2012, kick off 3.00pm

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.