Pre Season Friendly v Livingston


Attendance: Kick Off: 3.00pm.

Referee: Mike Tumilty

Dunfermline put out two line ups for the first pre season friendly at Livingston.  The game started off with Dunfermline in total control and stroking the ball about in comfort with the first corner of the game heralding the opening goal of the game. Barrowman forced Watson to concede and when Joe Cardle swung in the ball from the right Martin HARDIE powered a header that Russell on the line attempted to keep out with his hands but Referee Mike Tumilty gave the goal.

Four minutes later the goalscorer`s pass to Austin McCann was intercepted by Iain RUSSELL and he evaded both Alex Keddie and Paul Gallacher`s attempts to stop him shooting to get the First Division side back level.  This lifted the home side and Gallacher then pulled off a good save when Bobby Barr sent a rocket of a shot on target from 30 yards out.

Livingston gave as good as they got with Gallacher protected by the referee`s whistle in 28 minutes as Russell forced the ball in out of the keeper`s hands. Dunfermline briefly rallied again on the half hour but it was Livvy who had the next shot on target.  Kyle Jacobs burst into the right side of the box and set up Marc McNulty but his effort was blocked by the trialist.

Cardle`s 41st minute corner came to nothing but a follow up cross from the red boot picked out Barrowman only to see the sting taken out of his shot by Andy Kirk. Joe forced a corner on the left two minutes later but Hardie failed to connect well enough with the ball at the far post.

Half Time: Livingston 1 Dunfermline 1

Dunfermline looked a very different team in the second half and of course they were!  The players with squad numbers from 12 to 23 took on an unchanged Livvy side and in 55 minutes Liam Buchanan latched on to a Paul Willis cross but was unlucky to see his shot go narrowly wide right.

Paul Burns robbed Kyle Jacobs of possession in 62 minutes and Pat Clarke accepted the lay off to hit a fierce shot from 25 yards that just cleared the crossbar. Former Par Stefan Scougall then came on for David Sinclair and the sub sent his first effort narrowly wide right from 30 yards out.

Bobby Barr rattled the crossbar in 66 minutes as Livvy caused problems down the left then at the other end Stephen McDougall powered a great shot on target from 25 yards only for Livvy`s sub keeper Darren Jamieson to pull off an equally good save.

In 77 minutes Buchanan made a speedy break from half way, lacing the ball through for Willis to cross from the right byeline  but Clarke just couldn`t convert as the ball was pinged across the face of goal.  Willis tested Jamieson in 84 minutes after he did well to control the ball on the top of the box and then Phinn made a surge forward before releasing a good attempt from 25 yards but again the man in green pulled off a fine save.

LIVINGSTON: Tony Bullock (Darren Jamieson 59); Cammy MacDonald, Craig Barr, Paul Watson, Jason Talbot; Kyle Jacobs (Stefan Scougall 62), Keaghan Jacobs (Dean Cummings 69), David Sinclair (Liam Fox, 62), Marc McNulty (Kyle Jacobs 74), Iain Russell, Bobby Barr (Lewis Turner 74)
SCORER: Russell (9)

DUNFERMLINE: (First Half) Paul Gallacher; Trialist, Kevin Rutkiewicz, Alex Keddie, Austin McCann; David Graham, Gary Mason, Martin Hardie, Joe Cardle, Andy Barrowman, Andy Kirk
SCORER: Hardie (5)

DUNFERMLINE: (Second Half) Chris Smith; Ryan Thomson, Andy Dowie, John Potter, Paddy Boyle;  Paul Willis, Paul Burns, Nick Phinn, Steven McDougall; Liam Buchanan, Pat Clarke.

WEATHER: Overcast 18C
NEXT MATCH: Pre season Friendly v Brechin City, Tuesday 5th July ko 7.45pm

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.