SPL v Aberdeen


Attendance: 4149, Kick Off: 3:00pm.

Referee: George Salmond

Dunfermline took on Aberdeen hoping to make amends for an abysmal performance against them at Pittodrie earlier this season. Ryan Thomson made way for Paddy Boyle to start; the only change from the eleven at Celtic Park on Wednesday night. Mohamed Chalali was on international duty with Algeria, Scott Vernon and¬ Rory McArdle dropped out the visitors` startng eleven, Josh Magennis, Ryan Jack and Rory Fallon came in to Craig Brown`s side.

Aberdeen kicked off attacking the goal in front of the McCathie Stand and the game was stopped on 70 seconds for Paul Willis to receive trestment after a hefty challange from Isaac Osbourne. Aberdeen`s Fyvie flashed an early cross into the box and fortunately too strong for Fallon to connect.

On five minutes Willis skinned Foster on the right and sent a great diagonal ball into the box that Gonzalez touched away and the ball¬ appeared to come off Andrew Considine`s arm¬ as it was kept away from Barrowman but the Dons survived even after the ball stayed in off the corner flag and another cross was possible.

Willis pumped another ball in for Barrowman five minutes later but again he was unable to get his head on it at the far post. A really dangerous ball towards the fsr post from Aberdeen captain Rickie Foster was met by Fallon who turned it back along the goaline where one almighty scramble kept out Josh Magennis.¬ The Aberdeen striker picked up a yellow as he vented his frustrations by twice pushing Paul Gallacher in the chest.

At the other end Andy Kirk had a good chance from¬ a Willis cross but his snapshot sailed over the crossbar from 18 yards. Willis picked up a yellow on 19 minutes for taking a free kick before the referee had given permission. Aberdeen were despearately unlucky at the midway point of the first half when Clark`s cross from the right was flicked on in front of Gallacher, by Magennis but Fallon failed to get a touch at the left post.

On 25 minutes¬ Willis sent a wonderful ball down the right for¬ Kirk.¬ He crossed into the box where¬ Barrowman touched it on for¬ Graham at far post but he headed the best chance so far into the sidenetting. Aberdeen enjoyed a bit more possession for a spell with three corner kicks but they continued to fail to take their chances. Too often Aberdeen were given the ball back and the play was all in the direction of Gallacher.

Fyvie burst into the box but the ball was shielded out¬ and another corner on 33 minutes kept the pressure on. Next minute Kirk teed up Willis for a really dangerous cross in by Willis.¬ Gonzalez, the Columbian keeper,¬ was unconvincing as he tipped it away but survived.

In 37th minute Rob Milson sent over a fine ball from the left byeline and Magennis really should have connected at the far post but Dunfermline escaped. Next Milson and Fyvie combined again but again the cross found no red shirts. In the second minute of added time a Fyvie corner from the left led to the opening goal.¬ Andrew CONSIDINE raced in at the far post to power his header past Gallacher.

Reflecting at the break, the play had been uncomfortably far too long in Pars half and had Aberdeen taken some of their chances they could have been ahead by more than just one goal. Aberdeen had bossed the midfield and Dunfermline were badly needing to get to grips with that.

Half time: Dunfermline 0 Aberdeen 1

The Pars kick the second half with a promising start. Willis sent Graham in on the right side of the box and his cut back in the direction of Kirk was tucked behind for a corner kick within the first 60 seconds. The corner was the short one that has proved successful before but the pass to Burns was off target and the Dons relaxed.

Paddy Boyle was yellow carded in 49 minutes for high feet into Fyvie in a tackle midway inside their own half. Osbourne then also saw that yellow card after stopping Graham`s run and Burns was the next to create danger with a shot from 30 yards that as deflected for a corner on the left.

The 54th minute corner brought¬ about the equaliser that Dunfermline so badly needed.¬ Willis` delivery was met by¬ BARROWMAN at far post, Gonzalez kept the ball out but¬ the Pars striker followed in to net.¬ 1-1.

Paul Burns required treatment after stopping a Foster shot 25 yards out but the midfielder was able to carry on. Milsom took a corner from the right on the hour but Mawene flicked his effort on to the roof of the net.¬ Then the Pars struck back with a quick flowing move out of defence. Willis was picked out on the right and he played a magnificent diagonal pass for GRAHAM on the left and he made ground before sliding a low shot past Gonzalez to net at the left post. 2-1

East End Park erupted and Athletic really had their tails up now but indecision from Gallacher almost let Aberdeen back into it in 67 minutes. Mawene kept the ball in on the left byeline as the keeper tried to see it out but the big defender cut the ball back into a central area where with the keeper out of position, Magennis hit the ball over the bar.

Liam BUCHANAN replaced Andy Kirk on 68 minutes and scored with his first touch.¬ It was Boyle`s strong run on the left that caused the Dons defence trouble.¬ The cross was not dealt with and they lined it up for the sub who drove the ball through a ruck of players to make it 3-1.

Nick Phinn replaced Paul Willis on 78 minutes and the 20 year old left the park to a standing ovation. The game could have been out of sight when a quickly taken free kick sent Buchanan into the right side of the Reds box.¬ His cross was met by Barrowman but Gonzalez did enough to turn the shot on to his right hand post.

Unfortunately it was Aberdeen who got the goal. Milsom`s 79th minute corner from the right was headed into the top left corner of his own net by¬ Alex KEDDIE¬ as he tried to clear. 3-2.¬

Jim McIntyre was waving his team up the park but they appeared to get too deep. In 87 minutes Hardie`s lofty clearance went behind for another Dons corner and from this one a Pars head sent the ball against the left upright.¬ Then a Foster throw in on the left was flicked into the box by Considine and MAGENNIS sent the ball past Gallacher to make it 3-3 in 88 minutes.

Another Dons corner piled on the pressure on the Fifers but they survived it. It had been a really exciting second half and if only Barrowman`s effort had gone in at 3-1. After three added minutes it ended with the teams taking a point each. Dunfermline stay 10th, Aberdeen remain one point behind but Caley Thistle lose ground after a 2-1 defeat at Tynecastle.

DUNFERMLINE: Paul Gallacher, Andy Dowie, John Potter, Alex Keddie; Paul Willis (Nick Phinn 78),¬ Gary Mason (c), Paul Burns (Martin Hardie 63), David Graham, Paddy Boyle; Andy Kirk (Liam Buchanan 69), Andy Barrowman,
SUBS NOT USED: Chris Smith (GK),¬ Joe Cardle, Ryan Thomson, Kerr Young,
YELLOW CARD: Willis (19), Boyle (49), Hardie (88)
SCORER: Barrowman (54), Graham (62), Buchanan (69)

ABERDEEN: David Gonz√°lez,¬ Chris Clark, Andrew Considine, Youl Alidor Mawene, Richard Foster (c); Ryan Jack (Peter Pawlett 73), Isaac Osbourne, Robert Milsom,¬ Fraser Fyvie; Josh Magennis,¬ Rory Fallon (Darren Mackie HT)..¬
SUBS NOT USED: Rory McArdle, Jason Brown, Jack Grimmer,¬ Mitchel Megginson, Clark Robertson,
YELLOW CARD: Magennis (16), Osbourne (52), Mawene (85)
SCORER: Considine (45+2),¬ Keddie (79 og), Magennis (88)

WEATHER: Blustery 12C

NEXT MATCH: (away) SPL v Rangers
Saturday 3rd December 2011, kick off 3.00pm

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.